Other institutions and services of the Spix e.V. Association
Spix e.V. is a non-profit making charity whose aim is to help people in the county of Wesel (in the Lower Rhine area in Germany) who have mental problems, and to encourage the work of people outside this area who are engaged in community work.
Within the county of Wesel, Spix e.V. offers assistance to people with emotional problems and to their families while they remain in their normal surroundings. This is achieved through one-to-one consultation, discussion groups, home visits, leisure activities, the running of meeting places, residential care and work opportunities for the mentally ill.
The services of Spix e.V. include:
- centres of contact and an advisory service for people with mental problems in the towns of Wesel, Dinslaken and Xanten;
- work opportunities in a day-care centre and a self-help firm in Wesel,
- job-accompanying and job-integrating service;
- homes for mentally ill citizens with professional outpatient care in the district of Wesel;
- one decentrally organized hostel for chronically mentally ill patients with external residential groups in Wesel (35 units);
- self-help groups and groups of relatives and women in Wesel and Xanten.