AFECT - The Association for Akha Education and Culture in Thailand468 Moo 4 T.Rimkok
57100 A.Muang Chiang Rai
|Telefon:||+66 085 6079604|
|Telefax:||+66 053 751079|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
The Association for Akha Education and Culture in Thailand has been a registered non profit charity since 1981. AFECT is also a cultural NGO and preserves the culture of some of the most beautiful and captivating indigenous tribes in the world.
Part of our work as an NGO is bridging the understanding between Hill Tribe Culture and the outside world and we run activities that emphasize the exchange of knowledge between the community and outsiders in order to enhance understanding, reduce conflict and help attune Akha practices with Thai society. Tourism has had an adverse effect on hill tribe culture and without regulation it has caused massive erosion. In response to this we decided to start volunteer programs and an eco school to encompass the context of Hill Tribe Culture to our guests and friends.
AFECT assists rural hilltribe communities to build educational resources, stabilize and regenerate forests, develop and expand health management and preserve hill tribe cultural identity in 264 villages within four northern Thai provinces bordering Burma.
AFECT'S programs are implemented through eight interrelated thematic areas:
• To Educate Hill Tribe Children and Youth
• Create an Affordable Health Programme
• Develop Natural Resource Management
• Promote Human and Women's
• Promote, Conserve and Resuscitate Akha Hilltribe Culture
• Strengthen Hilltribe Communities
• Strengthen Citizenship
• Build International Hilltribe Relations within the Mekong Region
Jacob Lane is the Coordinator of AFECT.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.