Action For Autism (AFA)Pocket 7 & 8 Jasola Vihar
110025 New Delhi
|Phone No.:||+91 11 40540991; +91 11 40540992; +91 11 65347422|
|Fax No.:||+91 11 40540994|
|Contact person:||Saumya Pillai|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Educational policy/project
Action for Autism was started in 1991 to provide support and services to persons with autism and their families, and to create an environment in India in which people with Autism are able to grow to their full potential. As with many disability organisations, Action for Autism finds its roots in parent initiative.
Action For Autism (AFA) is now the primary organization in South Asia specializing in Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and related pervasive developmental disabilities. AFA is a non-profit organization whose mission is to:
• facilitate a barrier free environment - informational, attitudinal and physical – to create opportunities for education, employment and socialization for persons with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
• empower families of individuals with ASD
• act as a catalyst for change and build community responsibility for mainstreaming of all persons with ASD
AFA is engaged in a range of activities aimed at families affected by ASD, medical and educational professionals as well as the general community.
AFA Services and Activities
AFA offers a full range of clinical services and intervention programs, and has active divisions for trainings, publications, research, and advocacy.
• Assessments: Diagnostic, Functional and Occupational and Sensory Assessments
• Intervention Programmes: Parent-Child Early Intervention Programme, The Open Door Day School, Skills Training Programmes, and more
• Family Support Services: Family Counselling, Afternoon or Weekend Respite Care
• Trainings: Workshops & Lectures, Diploma in Special Education (Autistic Spectrum Disorder)
• Ahaan - AFA Publication Division: The Autism Network, AFA Journal, Training Manuals
• Resource Library and Information Service
• AILAAN - AFA Department of Advocacy: Awareness Raising, Government Lobbying, Networking
Saumya Pillai is the Office Manager of Action For Autism (AFA).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.