Verein zur Unterstützung von Schulen in AfghanistanDeefenallee 21
22113 Oststeinbek (Hamburg)
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)40 712 24 67; +49 (0)160 581 3473|
|Contact person:||Marga Flader|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Women's policy
The aim of the non-profit organisation registered in Germany under the name of Afghanistan-Schulen – Verein zur Unterstützung von Schulen in Afghanistan e.V., (in short: Afghanistan-Schulen), founded in 1984 by Mrs. Ursula Nölle, is to provide better education opportunities for Afghan girls and boys from nursery school to university as well as vocational training.
We consider our projects as help for self help. We work closely together with the people in the towns and villages. Our partners suggest the projects and together we try to implement them in a culturally acceptable way.
• Support for state schools in Northern Afghanistan by constructing schools buildings, maintaining them, improving the drinking water supply and especiallythrough the small projects funds which enables the schools to implement projects themselves.
• As there are still deficits in the state education system, we offer courses in our Education Centre (EC). Young people who aim to study at university can revise here all school subjects from grade 10. For students of grades 7 to 9 we offer courses in mathematics and languages (Pashtoo, Dari and English). Furthermore, there are additional English courses and computer training. In the workshop of the EC grounds, young men are trained to become electricians (previously we trained carpenters).
• We organize teacher training seminars in the Education Centre for teachers of 4 districts around Andkhoi.
• In private homes we are running courses for older girls and women who previously had not had the chance to go to school. They are studying all subjects up to grade 6 in three years. Furthermore, we run sewing courses in which the participants also learn reading, writing, arithmetic and get health education.
• In Germany we give talks about the experiences gained in Afghanistan and raise funds for the projects.
We coordinate the work with the partner organization in Kabul and regularly visit projects in Afghanistan . Everyone works voluntarily.
Marga Flader chairs the board of Afghanistan-Schulen e.V..
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.