Afrika Yetu e.V.
Initiative für Entwicklung, Kultur, Bildung und IntegrationStorkower Strasse 140
|Teléfono:||+49 (0)173 / 782 45 87|
|Dirección de Internet:||http://www.afrika-yetu.de|
|Portavoz:||Joaquim Francisco Joao|
- Ayudantes voluntarios serán bienvenidos.
- Ayuda para países en vías de desarrollo
- Economía alternativa
- Proyecto colectivo/comunal
Afrika Yetu, founded in 2008, is registered as a non-profit organisation which concerns itself with rebuilding and works on the principle of helping people to help themselves. It is a development, culture, education and integration initiative.
The organisation aims to build “bridges” between Africa and Europe, by which we hope to contribute to increased understanding and tolerance for cultural differences and to impart knowledge about the respective cultures. In order to do this, we are developing networks and cooperating with national and international institutions and initiatives. Our target groups are every ethnic group, especially children, youths and women.
What we offer:
- Counselling for migrants in various circumstances
- Information on countries and peoples.
- Procurement of business contacts
- Courses in dance, guitar playing and drumming, as well as capoeira and movement.
“A future for Quimbango" is an agriculture, building and reconstruction project for the village of Quimbango, in Angola. Its motto is “A new start after the peace in Angola” and it is based on helping the people to help themselves.
The activities focus on:
• rebuilding the infrastructure of the destroyed and abandoned village of Quimbango, in order to enable the villagers to move back in.
• developments in the areas of health and education
• revival of Quimbango's agriculture and forestry
• building a “bridge” between Africa and Europe - in particular between Angola and Germany.
In the long term, it is hoped to develop a global exchange scheme. Under this scheme, we would like to initiate and develop volunteer work, school partnerships, cultural exchanges and other activities. In this connection, a further concern for us is to bring Afro-German children who were brought up in Europe closer to their African roots.
The organisation is funded by the project “Kubata Berlin”, by their income from courses, renting out rooms for private functions and by donations.
Joaquim Francisco Joao is the President of Afrika Yetu.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.