Action For Fundamental Change and Development (AFFCAD)P.O.BOX 21809; Kazo Rd, Lufula Zone, Bwaise II Parish Kawempe Division, Kampala District
|Phone No.:||+256 392859254; +256 755149932|
|Contact person:||Nyombi Jaffar Tazan|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Educational policy/project
Action for Fundamental Change and Development (AFFCAD) is a charity/non profit making community based organization founded in 2009 by a group of youth. It´s located in Kampala District in Uganda We accomplish our goals through supporting individuals and families regardless of their age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, political affiliations or religious beliefs. Our main focus is bettering the lives of those infected with and affected by HIV/AIDS, orphan children, youth and women plus others who struggle to meet the basic needs in life.
Our mission is to empower communities through well-designed programs to achieve sustained self-reliance.
• HIV/AIDS Awareness, Care and Support: Over 700 adolescent youth and other 300 community members were informed about HIV/AIDS, Life skills and Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights.
• HIV/AIDS voluntary Counseling and Testing: We organized 5 HIV/AIDS voluntary testing clinics.
• Condoms and HIV/AIDS information distribution: Over 50,000 condoms were distributed to all groups but the majority going to youth groups.
• Home Based Care and Psycho-social Support: Routine home counseling, free access treatment and medication (ARVs) from referral partners.
• ASK Project (Answers, Solutions and Knowledge around HIV/AIDS): A series of face-to-face HIV/AIDS and reproductive health training workshops to students in and out of Bwaise schools.
• Emebet Education Project (EEP): The EEP provides free education scholarships to 20 orphans, neglected and vulnerable children between 3-14 years with a priority given to those infected and affected by HIV/AIDS.
• Excel Education Centre: The centre provides free formal education and vocational training scholarships to over 150 children between 3-16years, creates awareness about HIV/AIDS, care and psycho social support, adolescent reproductive health and rights plus a Revolving Fund Micro Loans program that empowers guardians with business skills and provides $50 loans to run small business to ensure self sustaining families.
• The AFFCAD Child Sponsorship Program
• Revolving Fund Project (RFP): The RFP reached 15 women who are guardians and care takers of HIV/AIDS affected families with entrepreneurship skills.
• Students Pen paling Program: An intercultural exchange program that helps students from around the world to make friends with children in schools in Uganda.
• Slum Tour and Volunteer 1 Day: Adventurous, social programs that generate direct income, donations and networks. These programs give opportunities to groups of tourists and travelers from around the world to know about AFFCAD, exposure to the life in the slums and involvement with our projects.
• Events and Conferences;
• Three weeks HIV/AIDS awareness work camp
• Annual Children´s Christmas party
• The Annual National Pediatric HIV/AIDS and Children´s conference
Nyombi Jaffar Tazan is the General Secretary of Action for Fundamental Change and Development (AFFCAD).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.