1Love e.V.Postfach 450263
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)176/28340031|
|Fax No.:||+49 (0)911/7503789|
|Contact person:||Katrin Tehe|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid for developing countries
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
1Love is an NGO and works on a strictly non-profit basis. It came into being while various people came together with the same aim and with a strong will to tackle diverse problems in the world.
1Love's objective is a world in which international understanding, neighbourly love, humaneness and tolerance is advanced everywhere. We campaign for development aid, climate protection and human rights throughout the world.
An important aim is tackling education poverty, especially in developing countries but also here in the west. We want to combat the causes and effects of poverty in all its forms.
We want to further cultural solidarity by an exchange of languages and cultures of the world in all their variety.
Our vision is to be there for many needy people, to show them a better way to live and to help them to take their destiny in their own hands, for a better future. Our organisation helps people to help themselves in every area.
• S.O.S. Save Duékoué (Ivory Coast): support with medical supplies, establishing a clinic, and, if possible, the building of a new hospital.
• Teachers without borders: this is a 1Love long-term project. Our organisation is going to send volunteer teachers, instructors and professors in various subject areas from the rich and well-educated countries to developing countries, in order to help and train local teachers.
• The “free private lessons” campaign is a social, regional project, giving pupils who for various reasons do not have the chance of professional coaching the opportunity of receiving some.
• Computers for Africa: 1Love has sent second hand computers to various schools in the Mbale region of Uganda (in the East) and to a university in Kampala.
• International Hip Hop Contest: The International Hip Hop Contest is a project in which hip hop in Nürnberg is deeply integrated, encouraged, discovered and celebrated. The background to the contest is that the new generation – our children and young people – even those with many problems in their lives – use this as a means of communicating with the older generation, building bridges of mutual understanding between them.
• Pupils' Talent Festival: we use the funds raised to fight against drug-related crime and child abuse, for street children and to tackle child poverty in Germany. 1Love also uses them to support the “free private lessons” project as well as to pay for the books and school supplies which we send to schools in Africa.
Katrin Tehe is the president of 1Love.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.