act!orissa e.V.Am Schießwasen 5
|Telefon:||+49 (0)221 16 91 58 22|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
act!orissa e. V., founded in 2005, is a non-profit association with the aim to support and organize financial aid for an orphanage in India that was on the verge of closing its doors. Approximately 60 children live in the orphanage, most of them have lost one or both of their parents. Before regular funding was set up by act!orissa, the older children had to work the surrounding fields for the local farmers and go without a basic education. However, they now have the choice to attend school.
• Support: act!orissa e.V. supports the girls orphanage in Cuttack with a monthly sum of 1000 EUR. Included are the costs for: Food; Clothing; School supplies; Salaries for the three officials of the girl's home; Salaries for two teachers (English tutoring)
• Workcamps: During a work camps young people travel from Germany to all possible countries, such as India, and spend there usually three weeks in the rural areas of the country. This is called "Workcamp", because the participants live together with the population and perform simple tasks. This is done not for development reasons, but from the insight, that you learn the life of a foreign culture only enough if you experience also the respective forms of work. On this strategy you can see the actual purpose of workcamps: intercultural education and International understanding.
Act orissa e.V. is committed to the goal of promoting an orphan home in its surroundings and the implementation of work camps. Although the implementation of work camps has fundamental importance for the work of act!orissa e.V., the priority is helping the children in the orphanage and the support of the orphanage and its rural surroundings.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.