Africa-Diaspora Movement (ADS)Mermoz villa 7658
|Dirección de Internet:||http://www.africa-diaspora.cjb.net|
- Ayuda para países en vías de desarrollo
- Derechos humanos
- Política / Proyecto de educación
The Africa-Diaspora Movement is a youth and nonpolitical organization. Its members are from different walks of life, but the majority of them are students at Cheikh Anta Diop University in Dakar Senegal. The organization was formed in December 2000.
Its objective as a panafricanist organization is to work for the economic
and cultural unity of people of African descent. It is trying to facilitate partnership and solidarity between black people in the world, through exchange programs and education on black history.
- Working toward the achievement of a political and economic Union of the peoples and States of Africa.
- Promoting the idea of an African citizenship.
- Working for a better solidarity and partnership between Africans on the continent and Africans in the diaspora.
- Fighting against racial prejudices.
- Facilitating access to new technologies of communication and education as bases for sustainable development in Africa.
- Maintaining and strengthening the historic and cultural ties between Africa and its diasporic communities throughout the world.
- To promote the values and virtues of African cultures and civilizations.
- To promote democracy and efficient leadership in Africa and in the diaspora.
ADM frequently organizes conferences on issues related to African history, African cultures and African development. With the student exchange programs, ADM facilitates a better understanding between Africans and Africans of the diaspora. ADM members receive throughout the year their cousins from the diaspora, with whom they often visit historical places like Gorée Island, the former slave house, and also organize cultural activities.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, deliver a lecture and establish new contacts in the following fields: reparation, African history, youth employment in Senegal etc..