14 Kilometer e.V.Stephanstr. 19
|Phone No.:||+49 (0) 157 - 89624895; +49 (0) 30 - 83210828|
|Contact person:||Anja C. Gebel|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Antiracism, policy of integration
- Educational policy/project
14km is a non-governmental non-profit organisation that promotes intercultural dialogue, exchange, and cooperation between Europe and North Africa/the Middle East.
The name of our organisation not only denotes the actual geographic distance between the African and the European continents. It also stands for how little separates the two regions, and aims to convey the message that we are neighbours and should feel and act as such – even if or precisely because this is something that still seems difficult for some.
Our vision of the relation between the Middle East/North Africa and Europe is a relation of good neighbourship, which is characterised by in-depth knowledge about each other; mutual interest, understanding and tolerance and intense cooperation on eye level, in particular on the social and cultural but also the economic and ecological level.
In doing what we do, we seek to:
• foster equal partnerships and transparent co-operations between individuals, organisations and communities from Europe and Africa
• promote interregional dialogue, mutual learning and intercultural understanding
• bring social potentials to bear
• create strong social networks between individuals and organisations from North Africa and Europe
14km focuses on four different areas of work:
• Changing Perspectives in Germany: Through our events and projects in Germany, especially in Berlin, we aim to both impart information about North Africa and the Middle East and promote intercultural exchange. The majority of our team is made up of volunteers and we are always excited to meet new people who would like to work with us. We also offer internship placements in Berlin.
• Working together internationally: Working with our partners in North Africa and the Middle East we plan and organise international and national projects in different areas, such as youth exchanges, media projects, and projects on civic participation.
• Making intercultural engagement possible Another important focus of our work is our international volunteer programme. We organise internships and volunteer placements for young Europeans with our local partners in North Africa and the Middle East.
• Enhancing the network: Alongside this we also work as a contact point to support institutions and individuals who are planning intercultural projects linked to North Africa and the Middle East. We help by sharing contacts and networking opportunities as well as supporting project ideas as a potential partner. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us and we can arrange a meeting to discuss possibilities for co-operation.
Anja C. Gebel is the PR & Program Manager of 14km e.V..
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.