Adarsh Shiksha SamitiPatelwada, Ward No-7
313027 Salumber, Udaipur, Rajasthan
|Phone No.:||(+91) 9784542243; +91-96944 08185; +91-2906-201048|
|Contact person:||Shashi Bhushan|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Women's policy
Adarsh Shiksha Samiti Salumber (Adarsh) is a nonprofit and non government organization working towards women empowerment, education and livelihood promotion. Adarsh aspires to improve the living conditions of the poor and marginalized by adopting strategies through community initiative, participation and sensitization. Founded in 1989, the organization has worked among backward communities in the interior unreached pockets of tribal villages in southern Rajasthan.
The broad vision of the organization is to create an equal and just society where the vulnerable and marginalized sections of the society can effectively participate in their own social development process finally leading to a control over their local resources.
The organization promises to fulfill the mandate of working towards the promotion of gender equity and social justice for the vulnerable and to enable them to effectively articulate their needs and gain access as well as control over their own resources.
Objectives of the Organization
• To promote health and nutritional behavior changes in the community with a special focus on vulnerable sections of the society.
• To mobilize youth and women groups for taking up income generation and micro credit activities.
• Sensitization of women and other vulnerable sections of the society towards their basic rights and equity in person.
• To facilitate the tribal particularly the women to understand the process and importance of local self-governance and enhancing their active participation.
Projects and programs:
• Education Programs: The Adarsh is also running a primary school in sariya village of Salumber block to achieve the highest level of literacy in tribal dominated area and providing quality education to poor children.
• Medical Camps: Our organization is also working for promotion of health & hygiene condition of rural poor who hails from rural remote areas & deprived from basic health services.
• Livelihood-Agriculture & Live Stock Development: Goat development Program; Field trial demonstration and seed bank establishment
• Child & Women Empowerment
• Environment Programs: Plantation of fodder tree; Water Resource Development
• Rural Development
• Gram Shree Mela: The SHGs show cased the different type of products & Items, which are generally used by the communities. Besides these same Indigenous handicrafts, articles were also displayed & sold. The main motto of organizing the fair was to provide the SHGs with an exposure and understanding the customer demands, besides helping them to display and sell their products.
• Baseline Survey of Urban Muncipal Areas
• Micro Entrepreneur Development
• Income Generation Program Under SJSRY
• Human Rights Program
• Youth Skill Development Programs: Massive Vocational Trainings for Empowering Rural Youth for Sustainable Livelihood
• Support Programs
• Basic Orientation Programs: SHG Based Livelihood & Women Empowerment with Right Based Approach; Training & Capacity Building
Shashi Bhushan is the Secretary of Adarsh Shiksha Samiti Salumber (Adarsh).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.