Active Help Organization (AHO)H # 1, St. # 13, Near Sanaver Center More Samanabad
|Dirección de Internet:||http://www.activehelp.org.pk|
|Portavoz:||Dr Kulsoom Akhtar|
- Ayudantes voluntarios serán bienvenidos.
- Proyecto colectivo/comunal
- Política / Proyecto de educación
- Derechos humanos
Active Help Organization (AHO) incorporated as a non-profit voluntary Organization, working for community development & community mobilization through Human Rights, with special emphasis on marginalized people, youth and women at grassroots level in province Punjab Pakistan. The organization was founded in 2004 by a group of dedicated social workers.
AHO is a NGO and engaged in several assignments such as Human Rights, Women Development, Youth Development, Education, literacy and non-formal education, Conflict Prevention, Post Conflict Peace Building and the Promotion of Durable Peace, Harmony, Water and Sanitation, Primary Health Care, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), Harm Reduction and Drugs Control, TB, Hepatitis, STIs, HIV & AIDS and climate change.
Active Help Organization is focused on community development & community mobilization through the participation of its own people. The role of AHO is to strengthen and empower the communities to perceive their own problems / needs, and to accomplish through collective action and participation. AHO advocates for gender equality and empowerment as integral to mitigating and adapting to climate change, and achieving sustainable, environmentally sound development. AHO currently has targeted the urban areas like Lahore, Kasur, Sahiwal, Sargodha, and Okara.
Healthy, peaceful and dignified Communities
To improve the quality of life of women, children and marginalized people without discrimination through Human Rights.
Organizing and empowering communities to solve their own problems through collective actions and participation.
• To improve the quality of life of women and marginalized people through Human Rights education & awareness and provision of health care services. To contribute to poverty reduction and improved vocational skill amongst women and to enhance the quality of life of marginalized women.
• To improve the sexual and reproductive health and rights, including maternal health care, family planning TB, and Hepatitis and HIV/AIDS services, of the poorest and most marginalized people.
• To create SRHR, HIV/AIDS, STIs, TB and Hepatitis, awareness among target groups and community.
• To change the behavior of addicts through harm reduction and detoxification and rehabilitate them to normal life and also to improve their quality of life by providing them basic health services.
• To assure the gender based equality in Pakistan.
• To sensitize people about environmental concerns/ issues in Pakistan.
• To rehabilitate the victims of natural disasters like flood, earthquake etc.
• HIV & AIDS Service Delivery Package for Jail Inmates Lahore: To provide HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and care services to the jail inmates in central jail Lahore, Pakistan
• Service Delivery Package for FSW in Multan: To provide prevention and control of HIV/AIDS & care services to Female Sex Workers (FSWs) in Multan, Pakistan
• Family Planning Services (FPS)
• HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and care for Female Injecting Drug Users/Drug Users, Spouses/ Families of HIV positive drug users in Okara: To provide HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and care to the spouses of HIV positive drug users and female injecting/ non- injecting drug users in Okara city and its surroundings.
Dr Kulsoom Akhter is the Chair Person of the Active Help Organization (AHO).
For other net participants we can procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.