Rape Hurts Foundation (RHF)
For support of Treatment, Prevention, Care and Education25 Wairaka Jinja Iganga High; P.O.Box 19
|Telefon:||+256 392 177 793|
|Fax:||+256 434 121 322|
|Ansprechpartner:||Hellen Lunkuse W. Tanyinga|
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
The Rape Hurts Foundation (RHF) was established in 2008. Our work is inspired by the experiences of rape victims and sexually abused children. What we learn from them helps to guide all of the treatment, prevention, and education programs and policy reform initiatives that we support.
RHF brings state-of-the-art, comprehensive care to rape victims and sexually abused children; providing prevention programs to reduce the incidence of these crimes; and giving training to victim service providers to enhance the treatment victims receive wherever they need help.
To encourage & support all persons to exercise their rights by teaching them that their bodies are sacred and no one may violate that right in any way, it is your constitutional RIGHT.
To have permanent facilities nationwide which can provide counseling and a safe haven for all rape and abuse victims. Empowerment programs that will provide an income for victims and free them from their abusers who are too often their providers. To ensure a quality environment, free from discrimination for all those infected by HIV through rape or any other tragic circumstance.
• Security & Protection
• Economic Empowerment & Micro-credit
• Access to Safe CleanWater
• Farming & Food Security
• HIV/AIDS Orphans & Vulnerable Children: We must provide, protect and empower the HIV/AIDS Orphans and Vulnerable Children. This is done through education sponsorship, vocational education and skills/talent development.
• Trauma & Friendly Corners: To set up trauma centre rooms & friendly centers equipped with toys and constructive materials for children who have been abused.
• Sexual Reproductive Health & Rights: Education & Skills are key in rape reduction and prevention. RHF has a running program on SRHR which also has topics on rape prevention and reduction in our communities.
• Lobby & Advocacy
• Legal Aid: RHF makes sure that the victims of rape get the justice they need.
• Media, Research & Documentation
• Medical and Treatment
• ICT Preventing Rape
• Farming to feed children
• Pink Butterfly House: Pink Butterfly House is a recognized model program created by RHF and others to serve the special needs of sexually abused children and their families.
• Solar Light Project: We have set-up a social enterprise, Light&Health who are now selling solar Systems in Eastern Uganda. Light&Health are selling Solar light Systems fast, they are helping build sustainable markets, they are creating jobs and they are ensuring money stays in the local economy.
• School Programs: Prevention Education
• Public Education and Policy Reforms
• Training for Providers of Victim Services
Hellen Lunkuse W. Tanyinga is the Executive Director of the Rape Hurts Foundation (RHF).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.