Sustainable Environmental Awake (SEA)P.O.75 Kasese, Bugoye Trading Center, Bugoye Parish, Busongora North, Kasese District
|Telefon:||+256 772912855; +256778000926|
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
Sustainable Environmental Awake (SEA) is a Charity and Non-Profit making Organization established in 2013. SEA was a result of participatory process, with wide consultations throughout the community at Village, Parish, Sub-County, and District levels through meetings and discussions with elders in the Rwenzori Region.
To create a vibrant and attractive rural community through sustainable management of natural resources.
To deliver quality services to community, that is principally centered, ethically minded, and economically conscious with capacity to influence the social and economic transformation of society.
The organization has four thematic areas:
• Environmental conservation
• Economic Empowerment
• Community Health
• Institutional capacity strengthening
• To enhance environmental sustainability
• To contribute to improved livelihoods and nature-friendly production
• To promote and support improved Community health
• To strengthen the capacity of SEA and her stakeholders
The organization activities include:
• Supporting people with land on river lines with tree seedlings
• Raising community tree nursery beds
• Training and Awareness on Clean Energy Initiatives
• Community training on soil and water conservation
• Community training on post-harvest handling (sorting and grading of seeds)
The organization activities among others as per our 2016-2019 strategic plan include:
• Conduct Renewable Energy Technologies (RET) user awareness activities
• Partner with government and other agencies implementing tree growing
• Conduct awareness campaigns on sustainable water catchment management
• Conduct training in entrepreneurship packages
• Conduct awareness interventions on adolescent reproductive health
• Develop fundable proposals for donor support
• Mubuku river catchment project: Making green river lines through tree planting
• Soil and water conservation
• Clean energy interventions
• Tree nursery beds: This is to raise indigenous tree seedlings for community to raise at household level.
Nsengiyumva Deogratias is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) at Sustainable Environmental Awake (SEA).
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.