Action for Sustainable Society Advancement
|Phone No.:||+380 572 191050|
|Fax No.:||+380 572 191050|
|Contact person:||Ulanovskaya, Anna|
- Commune, community project
- Educational policy/project
- Women's policy
Kharkov city civic organization "Actions for Sustainable Society Advancement" was registered in July 1997 as a result of the realization of an international model project by Heinrich Böll foundation, which was carried out in Ukraine by East-West Women's Network Center OWEN (Berlin, Germany).
The "Actions for Sustainable Society Advancement" is an independent, non-governmental, not-for-profit organization, whose purpose is to contribute to the building of a sustainable, economically and environmentally healthy society in Ukraine by developing and implementation of education, social and legal rights defence related charity projects, including the projects for teens and youth, in the city of Kharkov.
ASSA focuses on education in the belief, that education is a critical request for social and economic changes. In keeping with this focus, its staff and volunteers get involved with and support projects, that are secular and have an education-related component to them. Objectives:
- to provide education to underprivileged teens and youth in Kharkov region, including developing and conducting trainings and seminars,
- assisting development of youth business undertakings,
- developing and publishing methodical, reference and other materials for educational and informational purposes,
- to address, whenever possible, other issues affecting human life such as health care, environment, socio-economic aspects and women's issues.
While fulfilling its projects "Actions for Sustainable Society Advancement" organization cooperates closely with Kharkov NGOs and business structures.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture, procure an expert information and establish new contacts in the following fields: education, in particular, education of youth, development and administration of community projects.