ADDAMEER Prisoner Support and Human Rights Association3 Edward Said Street, Sebat Bldg., 1st Floor, Suite 2, Ramallah (near Rafidein Square)
|Telefon:||+972 (0)2 296 0446|
|Telefax:||+972 (0)2 296 0447|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Communauté, projet communal
- Droits de l'Homme
- Projet des médias
ADDAMEER (Arabic for conscience) Prisoners Support and Human Rights Association is a Palestinian non-governmental, civil institution which focuses on human rights issues. Established in 1992 by a group of activists interested in human rights, the center's activities focus on offering support for Palestinian prisoners, advocating the rights of political prisoners, and working to end torture through monitoring, legal procedures and solidarity campaigns. ADDAMEER is a member of the Executive Committee of the Palestinian NGO Network, the Palestinian Council of Human Rights Organizations, and works closely with international human rights organizations such as Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, OMCT and FIDH to provide regular information on the situation of Palestinian political detainees.
ADDAMEER strives to:
- Oppose torture as well as other instances of brutality, inhumanity, and degrading inflicted upon Palestinian prisoners.
- Abolish the death penalty.
- Oppose arbitrary arrest and guarantee fair and just trials.
- Support and endorse prisoners of conscience through supporting the efforts of political prisoners and providing them with psychological, legal and media support.
- Support families of Palestinian detainees and the community at large in addressing issues of human rights violations.
- Contribute in lobbying towards the issuing of laws which guarantee human rights principles and basic freedom, as well as ensuring their implementation on the ground.
- Participate in raising awareness locally and internationally regarding the issues of human rights, democracy and the rule of law in order to promote greater community participation in securing human rights.
The Programs of ADDAMEER: Legal Aid Program; Regular Prison Visits and Social Counseling; Documentation of Palestinian Detainee Rights; Media Coverage and Outreach; Advocacy.
ADDAMEER has been actively involved in the development of Palestinian civil society since its establishment. In particular, in its role as an executive member of PNGO, ADDAMEER plays an important role in structuring the response of civil society to human rights violations, as well as directing strategies for increased community awareness. This has also placed the association in a unique position because of its strong commitment and relationship to the local community. Community involvement remains the backbone of the organization, in the form of volunteerism and support for all activities of the association and its campaigns.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture, procure an expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.