Our Generation Voluntary Organization (OGVO)
Go see ... and have a lifetime experience.
PO Box KS 13919
Kumasi - Ash
Contact person: Frank Odoi & Anouk Sinde Jans
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Environmental project
- Volunteers are welcome.
TEAM LEADER POSITIONS -
EARN A FREE TRIP OF A LIFETIME!
If you are an ambitious, confident and determined university student who is passionate about travel (but not sure how to make those dreams a reality) all you have to do is recruit 10 or more people to take an OGVO trip and you will go absolutely free. All your accommodation, transfers, meals and in country support will be included!
You have a huge network of contacts at university, most of who will no doubt be bitten by the same travel bug as you, so you’re perfectly placed to spread the word about an Our Generation Voluntary Organisation trip of your choice.
You can run your trip at whatever time of the year you wish with advanced notice but generally speaking the summer months give you more scope. The minimum duration for the trip is 1 week and you can go away for up to 24 weeks. Extensions can be arranged with advanced notice as well.
The non-profit and non-governmental African Organisation "Our Generation Voluntary Organization" (OGVO) was founded in 2004 in order to enable young people to use their leisure time for international volunteering / interns / cultural exchange programs etc. in Ghana.
OGVO provides safe, unique, flexible, meaningful and extremely affordable volunteer and non-paid internship programs in different locations across Ghana for international students and anyone else wishing to volunteer or intern abroad, Ghana. Our volunteer and intern programs are available in both urban and rural areas. As a volunteer or intern in Ghana you will have the opportunity to work in number of different capacities including: Teaching, Orphanage Work, Healthcare - Medicals, Construction, Sports Coaching, Conservation, Journalism, Media, Wildlife, Architectural etc.
OGVO works in partnership with individuals, groups, institutions and organizations in Ghana that are into developmental activities. OGVO as an organization believes in helping the street children and youngsters in Ghana by offering people (volunteers) a cultural exchange.
Our mission is to foster a whole range of cross-cultural understanding and amity by providing young people with quality opportunities for international volunteering, work and travel experience, education and training.
Our tactical Objectives
• To encourage educational, cultural and social travel among young people aimed at mounting international understanding
• To bring together all people interested in voluntary work-camps with the object of fostering a spirit of common understanding among all classes of people and to give young people the opportunity to use their leisure time in the service of the community by participating in community development schemes, such as building of schools, health and other Welfare Centres and generally to organize and assist local and national efforts in these and similar projects
• To boost and develop the co-ordinations of educational and work exchange programs among students, youth and educational organisations worldwide
• To give practical assistance without regard to national frontiers and through cooperation with volunteers from all countries.
• To foster in the youth of today the spirit of voluntarism and the "service to mankind".
OGVO Program Options Include:
• Volunteer with Orphans in Ghana
• Volunteer Teaching Programs in Ghana
• Street Children/Childcare Programs in Ghana
• Medical Volunteer/Internships Programs in Ghana
• HIV/AIDS Prevention and Counseling Programs in Ghana
• Volunteer Wildlife Programs in Ghana
• Journalism Internships Programs in Ghana
• Environmental and Conservation Volunteer Programs in Ghana
• Sports Coaching Volunteer Programs in Ghana
• Learn African Dance, Drumming & Language Programs in Ghana
• Schools/Custom Groups Trips
• Community Service & Travel
Anouk Sinde Jans is the International Representative of Our Generation Voluntary Organisation (OGVO).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.